Have you tried turmeric tea? Yep, that same bright yellow spice used in curry also makes a wonderfully spicy, warming elixir. The health benefits of turmeric are many, including anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, improved brain function and lowered risk of heart disease. It may even help to fight cancer, Alzheimer’s, arthritis and depression.
It’s also DELICIOUS. For an extra wellness boost, be sure to carve out 20 minutes when you can sit down and enjoy your cuppa while it’s still hot.
There are many recipes for turmeric tea, but I’m in love with this one by Joy McCarthy at Joyous Health.
Turmeric Ginger Tea
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder or 1 inch fresh turmeric root
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger or 2 inches fresh ginger root
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or coconut butter
- Option: 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1 tsp unpasteurized honey
- Add 2 cups of boiling water to your blender.
- Add turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and blend.
- You may wish to strain the mixture into your cup with a wire mesh strainer but you don’t have to if you don’t mind you’ll have some grit in the bottom of your cup.
- Add honey, coconut oil or coconut butter to your desired amount. Add coconut milk if using.
- Please use all organic spices. Fresh is even better if you’ve got it! The recommended measurements I’ve provided make a potent flavour, so cut back if this is a new recipe for you! Serves 1-2
Share this Post